How to critique photographs
John McComish gave a very interesting talk for 23 members on how to critique your own photographs.
He explained what was, in his eye, the difference between a snapshop and a photograph.
Points to consider when shooting
- Look around first and then shoot.
- Get your camera off automatic.
- Take different standpoints.
- Use polaroid, graduation or ND filters where necessary.
- Use at least Aperture mode to control your depth of field.
As a encore he explained the pro's and con's of using RAW instead of JPEG and the subject of colour depth.